Candidate privacy notice
Total Integrated Solutions Limited is committed to maintaining high standards of security and confidentiality for information in our custody and control. When recruiting new staff, we intend to maintain high standards in the use of personal data throughout the recruitment procedure. As part of our candidate application and recruitment process Total Integrated Solutions Limited collects, processes and stores personal information about you. We process this information for a range of purposes relating to the recruitment process and this may include your application, assessment, security screening and your worker permissions. We will keep and use your information to enable us to run the business and manage our relationship with you effectively, lawfully and appropriately. This notice explains how we use personal information about you which we collect in the course of the recruitment procedure in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other domestic data protection legislation. This notice will be reviewed annually.
The kind of information we hold about you
2.1 Personal data means any information about an individual which allows that individual to be identified.
2.2 In order to manage your application, we need to process certain personal information about you. We only process your information as necessary for the purposes of progressing your application or as required by law or regulatory requirements, so not all information listed below will apply to you all of the time. We collect, store and use the following categories of personal data;
- Personal contact details such as name, title, addresses, telephone numbers and personal email addresses
- Marital status
- Recruitment information, including CV or cover letter, application form or as part of the recruitment process
- Details of your qualifications, skills, experience and employment history
- Information about current level of renumeration, including benefit entitlements
- Whether or not you have a disability for which the Company needs to make reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process
- Information about your entitlement to work in the UK
- Driving licence information
- Employer and character references
- Public information checks and DBS results
- Images from onsite CCTV.
What the recruitment process will involve
3.1 Activities prior to interview will include: a) Assessing and progressing your application b) Assessing your suitability (skills, strengths, behaviours for the role).
3.2 During the interview process:
- Provide you with information about the Company and its operations.
- Explain that any information you provide will be treated in confidence and will be used to assess your suitability for the job.
- Provide a copy of this Candidate Privacy Notice.
- The vetting procedures that will be required. For example, if a public information check will be undertaken against the candidate’s name and address or if the successful candidate has to complete Security Screening Applications for other background checks to be carried out by the organisation or its regulator.
3.3 To enable these processes your personal information may be shared internally, but the information shared is limited to what is required by each individual to perform their role in the recruitment process.
How is your personal information collected
4.1 We typically collect personal information about employees and workers through the application and recruitment process, either directly from candidates or sometimes from an employment agency through security screening or background check providers.
4.2 Agency Recruitment – obligations of the agency Agencies will act in accordance with current data protection law and in particular, without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing:
- The Agency will always give all suitable candidates information about the Company as provided by it.
- The Agency will not submit applications to the Company unless the candidate has both been provided with the information and has consented to the application being made.
- The Agency will always deal directly and exclusively with the HR Manager and Recruitment Team at the Organisation when handling recruitment on its behalf.
5.1 Do we share Data with Third Parties? We may have to share your data with third parties, including third-party service providers. We require third parties to respect the security of your data and treat it in accordance with the law. If we do share data, you are entitled to expect that third party to apply a similar level of protection in respect of your personal information.
5.2 Why might you share my Personal Information with Third Parties? We may share your personal information with third parties where required by law, where it is necessary to administer the working relationship with you or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so.
5.3 Which Third Party Service Providers Process my Personal Information? ‘Third parties’ includes contractors and agents who may carry out services on our behalf such as Pubic Information Checks, Disclosure & Barring Services and Driving Licence Checks.
5.4 How Secure is my Information with Third Party Service Providers? All our third party service providers are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information. We do not allow our third party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
5.5 What about other Third Parties? We may share your personal information with other third parties, for example in the context of the possible sale or restructuring of the business. We may also need to share your personal information with a regulator or to otherwise comply with the law.
5.6 Processing of Information Obtained from a Third Party
Public Information Check
Driving Licence Check
Purpose of Processing
Has a valid Driving Licence/points
Basis for Processing
Requirement under BS7858
Requirement under BS7858
5.7 Transferring information outside the EU No personal information we collect about you is stored outside the EU in order to perform our contract with you.
5.8 Data Security We have put in place measures to protect the security of your information. Third parties will only process your personal information on our instructions. We will ensure that they agree to treat your information as confidential and keep it secure. We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered and disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. Total Integrated Solutions Ltd is accredited with Cyber Essentials Plus. This is an Accreditation recognised by the Government run National Cyber Security Centre and shows our commitment to protecting your information from cyber-attacks with the technology and methods that we use. For further information on our accreditation please go to Cyber Essentials.
Retention of recruitment files 6.1 Recruitment files will be kept secure at all times. In particular we will ensure secure transmission facilities for recruitment information internally and externally.
6.2 When a recruitment decision is made, the relevant recruitment files relating to unsuccessful candidates will be destroyed after a period of 6 months except:
- Where a particularly good candidate agrees that their details may be retained for a longer, specified period in case another suitable job vacancy arises or to be a backup for the successful candidate in case the appointment is not successful.
- Where a challenge is made that the organisation has failed to ensure equal opportunities.
- Where evidence of the correct application of the organisation’s equal opportunities is retained for future challenges. Such information should be anonymised, (that is retained without specific names and addresses being kept).
- We will ask you for your consent before we keep your data for this purpose and you are free to withdraw your consent at any time.
6.3 Information relating to the successful candidate which is required for employee administration purposes will be transferred to a new personnel file for the new employee. In particular:
- Information obtained during any pre-employment vetting will be retained.
- Information relating to any criminal records of the successful candidate will be deleted unless the information is relevant to the appointment.
6.4 Under data protection law it is a criminal offence to require candidates for jobs to make a data subject access requests to the Police in relation to possible criminal records. The Disclosure and Barring Service is the only legal route to obtaining personal data relating to the criminal records of prospective employees in specific industries.
Rights of Access, Correction, Erasure and Restriction
7.1 Your rights in connection with personal information Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a Data Subject Access Request). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing.
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
7.2 If you want to review, verify or correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact the HR Manager in writing at Total Integrated Solutions Limited, Hamilton Way, Oakham Business Park, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire NG18 5BU or GDPR@tis.co.uk.
7.3 What we May Need from You We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
7.4 Right to Withdraw Consent In the limited circumstances where you have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact the HR Manager in writing at Total Integrated Solutions Limited, Hamilton Way, Oakham Business Park, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire NG18 5BU or GDPR@tis.co.uk. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agree to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
8. Data Breaches We are required under the GDPR to notify you without undue delay of any data breach which is likely to result in a high risk to your rights and freedoms.
9. Your Right to Complain If you have a complaint about the way in which your data has been handled please contact the HR Manager on 01623 425806 or email@example.com You also have the right, in certain circumstances, to report concerns about data management to the Information Commissioner’s Office and information is available at www.ico.org.uk. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, please contact the HR Manager on 01623 425806 by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or you can write to the individual at Total Integrated Solutions Limited, Hamilton Way, Oakham Business Park, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire NG18 5BU.