Graduate Design Consultants - Ref: V255
TIS are a forward thinking and nationally renowned Security and Communications Company who are NSI Gold and BAFE accredited. We specialise in the design, installation, service and maintenance of integrated security systems and manufacture specialist equipment. TIS work with a wide range of public and private sector businesses and have achieved a reputation for quality, care and reliability which is second to none.
Our absolute ambition is to provide and maintain a premium service in the industry with staff wellbeing, safety, and environmental considerations at the forefront of our services. Our strategy is to achieve a premium service and a commitment to employees, customers, and all stakeholders. We provide an environment of quality and care helping employees engage with our customers, putting them at the heart of what we do.
Due to the Company’s growth strategy and continued success, we are looking to expand the capacity of the Design Department within our Head Office in Mansfield and are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Graduate to join our Design Academy.
This is an excellent opportunity to start your career within the security and communications industry. You would be required to prepare design proposals and costing sheets from client specifications and drawings for various communication, life safety and security systems. You will need to have excellent communication skills, an ability to interpret technical requirements and understand building layouts and schematics.
The role involves:
- Working within a team of designers at our Mansfield Head Office
- Completion of training courses to increase technical competency and performance
- Improving knowledge base to become an integral part of the design team
- Preparation of designs and costing sheets
- Ensuring designs fully comply with all applicable regulations and standards
- Working to defined quotas, deadlines, and budgets
- Communicate and build successful working relationships with customers and other employees
- Production of design documents such as, Technical Submittals, Schematics, Layouts, etc
- Embracing our Premium Service strategy and Commitment Culture
Key experience / Qualifications:
- BA (Hons) 2:1 in Engineering i.e., Electronics, Electrical, IT, Software
- Excellent IT skills and a familiarity with Microsoft software
- Familiarity with AutoCAD LT 2D and 3D (desired)
- Well organised, have self-discipline and be able to meet deadlines
- A keen interest in technology and innovation
- Extremely high attention to detail
- Team player with ambition and willing to learn new technologies and procedures
We will offer the following package:
- Working hours: Monday – Friday, 8.00am – 5.00pm
- Job Type: Permanent with an immediate start
- Salary: £25k - Dependant on skills, experience, and qualifications.
- Benefits: Pension Scheme, Life and Accident Insurance, Annual CPI increase, Medical Cash Plan, Cycle to Work, 23 days holiday increasing to 27 days plus bank holidays, Birthday holiday, Employee Assistance Program, Perks and Essential Health Check
Please send your CV to:
Mrs Sharon Garton, HR Manager
Contact via address:
TIS Ltd, Hamilton Way, Oakham Business Park, Mansfield, Notts, NG18 5BU
Contact via email: