Designer Manager - Ref: V288
TIS is a highly technical, design lead business specialising in the integration of Life Safety, Security, and Communications systems. Design is one of the ‘three pillars’ of our business, along with Technology and Compliance.
The Design department provides design and consultancy services for the business across all our specialisms, both internally to other service areas and departments, and externally to customers and clients in the Retirement Living, Public Space, Construction, Defence, and Education sectors.
Reporting to the Head of Design and based in our Mansfield office, you will be required to manage a team of Design Consultants and CAD Operatives spread throughout the organisation. This includes office-based staff in Mansfield, Leeds, Birmingham and Nottingham, and remote workers.
As Design Manager you will be responsible for running of the department and ensuring designs fully comply with all applicable regulations, standards, and codes of practice. You will have an Assistant Design Manager working with you allowing you to share or delegate the day-to-day department management tasks.
Management & Design Duties to include, but not limited to: :
- Promote the company’s Premium Service, Core Values, and Culture.
- Manage a team of Design Consultants and CAD Operatives.
- Follow the company business plan and growth strategies.
- Understand and enact the Design team mission and objectives.
- Ensure compliance with HR procedures by carrying out; 1-2-1’s, performance reviews, back to work interviews, holiday requests, staff welfare meetings, etc.
- Be the point of contact and conduit for communication into and out of the design team.
- Provide reports and Management Information to the Head of Design.
- Monitor workload and allocate work accordingly.
- Verify and sign-off design team output.
- Mentor staff and trainees.
- Strive for continual improvement in the design department and its processes.
- Act as a senior design authority for the Company.
- Assist with the provision of design and estimating services to all TIS departments and offices.
- Preparation of designs, proposals, technical submittals, drawings, and quotations.
- Ensuring designs fully comply with all applicable regulations and standards.
- Work to defined deadlines, and budgets.
- Carry out site surveys and create reports.
- Attend internal and external design meetings.
- Completion of training courses to increase knowledge and performance.
Key experience / Qualifications:
- At least 3 years’ demonstrable experience managing a design team.
- An accomplished designer within the security industry with a proven track record of producing designs and quotations.
- Knowledge of CDM (2015), PD6662, NCP104, NCP109, BS 8243, BS 60839-11-2, BS 50173-2, Equality Act 2010, Building Regulations, Secure by Design, and relevant Codes of Practice.
- Commercial acumen and contract awareness.
- Keen interest in technology and innovation.
- Highly literate with an excellent attention to detail.
- Team player with ambition and a willingness to learn new technologies and processes.
- Full driving license.
- Level 3 qualification in Electrical & Electronic Engineering or related subject. (preferred not essential)
- Knowledge of applicable systems gained from working in an engineering role, Installation, Service & Maintenance, Commissioning, etc. (Preferred not essential)
- Fire Alarm qualification recognised by an industry body, for example the FIA (Fire Industry Association) or FPA (Fire Protection Association). (Preferred not essential)
- Experience of designing systems with high levels of integration and convergence. (preferred not essential)
- A Positive, self-motivated proactive individual.
- Ability to operate effectively under pressure to rapidly changing circumstances.
- Good communication skills with the ability to build successful working relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Be well organised and have self-discipline.
- Well organised, have self-discipline and be able to meet deadlines
- Have the desire to learn and continually improve your knowledge.
We will offer the following package:
- Type: Permanent with immediate start
- Working hours: Monday – Friday, 8.00am – 5.00pm
- Salary: Dependant on skills, experience, and qualifications
- Benefits: High Performance Club awards, Commitment to annual inflation increase in salary, Company Car, Pension Scheme, Life and Accident Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Medical Cash Plan, 25 days holiday rising to 30 days, Birthday Holiday, Cycle to Work Scheme.
Please send your CV to: Mrs Sharon Garton, HR Manager
Contact via address:
TIS Ltd, Hamilton Way, Oakham Business Park, Mansfield, Notts NG18 5BU
Contact via email: